Central State announces 2018 Athletic Hall of Fame Class
WILBERFORCE, Ohio. – The Central State Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has announced the University’s 2018 Athletic Hall of Fame inductees. The athletes, teams and administrators who will be inducted this year represent different eras of Marauder athletics dating back to the 1960s up to the mid 1990s.
This year’s Hall of Fame class will include:
- Jon Bradford | Football | | Full Back | Class of 1975
- Edward “Bee” Bryant | Basketball | Forward | Class of 1967
- Marvin Coleman | Football | Cornerback & Kick Returner
- Larry Kelly | Football | Running Back | Class of 1983
- Marvin Pope | Football | Linebacker/Defensive End
- Charles Walker | Football | Lineman | Class of 1961
- 1993 Women’s Track & Field Team | NAIA Indoor & Outdoor National Champions | Head Coach: Joshua Culbreath
- 1993 Men’s Track & Field Team | NAIA Indoor & Outdoor National Champions | Head Coach: Joshua Culbreath
“We are truly proud of the inductees and appreciate all they have done in setting the standard for all Central State University student-athletes,” Vice President of Athletics & Institutional Advancement Jahan Culbreath said. “This year’s class reflects excellence and we are look forward to honoring them at this year’s induction ceremony.”
In addition to this year’s inductees, the Central State athletic department will pay special recognition to CSU’s 1968 men’s basketball team. Led by legendary head coach Bill Lucas, the ’68 Marauders finished the season with a 32-4 overall record while claiming the program’s second NAIA National Championships with a dramatic 51-48 win over Fairmount State in the championship game.
The 2018 Hall of Fame Luncheon will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12 at the Country Club of the North. Tickets to the induction ceremony are available for $60.00 each and can be purchased online at http://centralstate.universitytickets.com/user_pages/event.asp?id=425&cid=51. The event is expected to sell out. Those wishing to attend are encouraged to purchase their tickets prior to October 6th.