DAYTON WOMEN’S SOCCER FALLS 2-1 AT LA SALLE
PHILADELPHIA – The University of Dayton women’s soccer team (5-9-0, 3-2-0 A-10) lost its second consecutive Atlantic 10 Conference road match, a 2-1 setback, to La Salle (6-6-2, 3-2-0 A-10) Thursday night at McCarthy Stadium.
STATS OF THE MATCH
Freshman goalkeeper Kaelyn Johns saved a La Salle PK in the 40th minute and just seconds later freshman Beth Kamphaus scored the lone goal for the Flyers.
For the second consecutive match, the Flyers fell behind early as the Explorers scored two goals in the first 21 minutes of the match.
The Explorers outshot Dayton 17-12, including 7-4 on goal.
40th minute â Kamphaus scored with a low shot after collecting a pass from Ashley Campbell. (La Salle 2, Dayton 1)
LA SALLE GOALS
14th minute â Marykate Bateman chipped a pass to herself over Johns and then shot low rights side after from Clarissa Kirch-Downs passed to her. (La Salle 1, Dayton 0)
22nd minute â Chrissy Vollrath scored on a cornerkick taken by Jessica Kagan. Deja Davis headed it to Vollrath who finished top shelf from the top of the box. (La Salle 2, Dayton 0)
The Flyers host Fordham this Sunday, Oct. 18 at 1 p.m. at Baujan Field.
- Wing-eating contest for students with a chance to win a Dayton men’s basketball voucher.
- Posters to the first 150 fans
- Sunglasses giveaway
- Chocolate Cupcake Day – cupcakes to the first 100 fans.
- Free postmatch clinic for all kids, 8th grade and under. (Clinic will begin immediately following the match)
- Dayton Flyer soccer scarves. Be sure to get your card punched eight times to receive a scarf or they are $15 each while supplies last.
- Admission is free to all regular season Dayton home matches at Baujan.